Sunday, April 1, 2012

Source (4/2) Last one!!

Schoemaker, Paul. "6 Habits of True Strategic Thinkers." The Strategic Decision. 


In my project, I will essentially be the boss. At least of myself. Even when I am collaborating with Dr. Woods, I do not want to appear incompetent, lazy, or stupid. I want to showcase my work. This article lists a few points to ensure I can lead myself and propel my research and project forward. First, anticipate. The article meant anticipate the future of a company, but in my case, I need to anticipate future problems of my research, questions from other colleagues, and holdups. Second, think critically. "Critical thinkers question everything." This is definitely a skill I need to work on. Next, interpret. This is particularly helpful in my project. I need to make sure I understand what the idea is behind statistics before I can push forward. By interpreting and repeating what I think is going on will help make sure I am not wasting time down a wrong road. The next item is decide. "Leave perfection to higher powers." Finally, learn It doesn't matter if I occasionally ask a stupid question as long as I am continuing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment