Sunday, January 29, 2012

Southampton vs. London (LJ 1/30)


Will it be better to live in Southampton or to commute in regards to my project question? On the one hand, living in Southampton would immerse me in the culture of the university, allowing me access to academic life in England ‘round the clock. Or at least, academic life in Southampton. However, having a sample of size one is no good. Statistically, it is better to have a conglomerate of schools to draw upon to truly get a sense of what British universities are like.

In addition, my project question is not solely about the difference between American and British academic conversations. Instead, it is about observing how to create international contacts and maintaining them across the Atlantic. Therefore, it is not essential to live in Southampton. I just need to be able to establish a contact with Dr. Woods, which will be obtained through weekly meetings and email communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment